All content published on Yukon.ca must have a clear user need backed up with evidence.
Content should be published either:
- as guidance to help users complete a transaction with government; or
- to help users understand what government is doing
Content that does not do one of these things should not be published on Yukon.ca.
What should not be published
The following types of content should not be published on Yukon.ca:
- content that repeats or significantly overlaps with existing content
- advice for people, businesses or specialists that’s not specific to government
- advertising for commercial purposes
- intranet or other services exclusively for government employees
- professional training or qualifications
- information or services that can be better supplied by organizations outside government, eg., Shelter for housing information
- legislation that’s on www.gov.yk.ca/legislation